The Park, Cornwall Scoops Two Prestigious Tourism Awards
The Park in Mawgan Porth is delighted to have won not one but two Gold awards at the Cornwall Tourism Awards, held in the stunning setting of Truro Cathedral on November 1st. At a glittering ceremony accompanied by a fabulous light show and attended by 400 guests, The Park was bestowed the Cornwall Tourism Awards Gold for Holiday Park and Village of the year, while two of its staff were named Customer Service Superstars.
The award, now in their 17th year, involved seven months of assessing evidence and a rigorous three-phase process, judging entries from across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
A total of 80 awards were presented across 26 categories covering everything from surf schools and cafés to hotels and spas.
Head of Visit Cornwall, Malcolm Bell said “The awards shine the spotlight of excellence on some of our best and leading tourism operators in Cornwall. It is this excellence that makes Cornwall one of, if not the leading, UK holiday regions. It celebrates not only the businesses but also the team work from staff, managers and owners, as only team work can deliver excellence.”
Among the criteria for the shortlist for the Holiday Park of the Year award are exceptional customer service and an outstanding visitor experience. The Park fits these criteria on many counts, including:
- The unique range of accommodation including luxury lodges, cottages, cabins and the fairytale-like yurt village.
- Many of the holiday homes also have private hot tubs for that little bit of extra indulgence.
- A recently refurbished restaurant, serving delicious locally sourced, seasonal food as well as offering a new soft-play area so grown-ups can chill out over a meal.
- An indoor pool, sauna and steam room, plus a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Grounds with quaint meandering paths, handmade wildlife sculptures, bee-hives, goats, chickens and play areas.
- Above all, they have friendly staff who, as one big happy family, ready to welcome you and your own family, including dogs (who even get their own showers). The Park ethos is encouraging their staff to embrace a happy, fun working environment and achieve a great work-life balance, which impacts on their guests’ experiences. They invest heavily in training and development so were delighted that this was recognised in the bestowing of Customer Service Superstar Awards on receptionists Siggy Giddy and Deanna Hayes, who as the first and last points of contact for guests are the ultimate brand ambassadors of The Park.
Customer Service Superstars
Both Siggy and Deanna have a massive, instrumental part to play in the business and are a huge reason as to why The Park guests keep returning. Not only do they look after the guests throughout every part of their journey (from when they make a booking to welcoming them when they arrive, checking they are okay throughout their visit and then saying goodbye), they treat every guest as a real VIP and look after them all personally. The best way to describe their service is that they treat everyone here as though they are family. They always look for ideas to enhance the guests’ experience and take so much pride and joy in that. Their service is always heartfelt and genuine.
They are both incredibly skilled but are also exceptional people. They are true superstars and we could not be prouder to have them on our team here at The Park!
Successful businesses at the awards will be fast-tracked into relevant categories in the South West Tourism Excellence Awards in February 2019, which will be hosted beneath Concorde at Aerospace Bristol. The Park was already the winner of the Bronze Holiday Park of the Year 2017 in the South West Tourism Awards. The team are now looking forward to repeating their recent success and going for gold!